SHARING THE JOY OF READING AND BOOKS
We’re a Malaysian based online book rental shop that aims to provide good reads to all at affordable prices, so that everyone can read more.
The Joy of Books is also striving and encouraging book-lovers to be as waste-free as possible by renting instead of buying. Most of us read a book only once, and the book may end up sitting on our shelves for years and finally get thrown or given away.
On that end, renting may be a good solution and offers various benefits like spending significantly less on books, saving shelving space at home, and giving books a good lease of life.
The books we offer for rent are in excellent and even new condition. Older books which are still in good condition but have yellowed or foxed slightly are still offered as Bargain Rentals, at lower rental and deposit rates.
Our catalogue is updated frequently with new titles, so visit us often for your reading needs. You can also join the rental tribe by signing up for our newsletter to stay updated whenever we share new book drops.
How It Works
- Rent a book for RM5 for a duration of 2 months (60 days). You can top up RM2 for another month, so you have 3 months (90 days).
- A deposit (refundable after return of book on time and in good condition without damages) is charged on every book. Deposit fee varies for each book.
- We ship orders twice a week, on Mondays and Thursdays. That is the start date of the rental period. After 60 days, you have 2 days to ship back to us. We also offer low-rate postage as an add-on for you to do return shipping.
- If you wish to extend and return after due date, you can do so for RM3 a month (30 days). If you wish to keep the book, you may do so, and deposit will not be refunded.
- We have Subscription Plans available for readers who want to skip the hassle of paying deposits and tracking refunds upon returns. It works as your prepaid deposit that we hold, so each time you rent a book, you only pay for rental and shipping. You may top up or end (with refund) your subscription anytime.